Monday 7 September 2015

Coin Crypt First Impression

I bought Coin Crypt at the same time I bought The Stanley Parable, from Humble Bundle. When I first looked at it, I thought,

'I don't know if I'll really like this game'

I tested Coin Crypt out a bit and I was actually pleasantly surprised! I enjoyed it, quite a bit actually and I am very glad that I got it! When you first start playing, it is likely that you fail quickly, but as you continue playing, you unlock newer coins, areas, characters with different abilities, among other gameplay features. Every time I would go into the crypt area, I would always lose. In my last video, I did go in, and I actually made it out, without much difficulty. After that, I made it to a new area that I'd never been before. That took seven episodes, and I plan on doing even more.

Coin Crypt is very much procedurally generated, which means that it changes every time you play. I absolutely love how this works, because you find different bonuses each time you play, sometimes more than others, and you have to strategize which ones are more beneficial to you.

Each character has their own unique abilities and you unlock them by spending your money that you earned from your last run. Personally, I prefer the demon character over any other. The reason being that every time a coin is played your enemy gains a cursed coin, that if used damages the user. They can end up killing themselves because of this, which means less effort, and less other coin usage on your part! Also, you end up accruing a TON of these cursed coins, which are the only coin with a positive value (as the demon) which means that almost always you can buy what you want from the store.

You can watch my first video on this down below, and if you like what you see, or you want to check out my other videos, head over to my YouTube channel and take a look!


1 comment :

  1. I really enjoy this one. It is fun and interesting to watch. Check out more on his channel.

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!