Friday 8 January 2016

Daily Bible Reading with DragoNate #108

Know God's Voice

1 Samuel 3

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 9-10) "So Eli told Samuel, 'Go and lie down, and if he calls you, say, 'Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening.' ' So Samuel went lay down in his place. The Lord came and stood there, calling as at the other times, 'Samuel! Samuel!' Then Samuel said, 'Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening.' "

My Thoughts

Samuel did not know God's voice yet at the time Samuel 3 takes place. So when God was calling Samuel this night, Samuel did not realize it and thought that it was Eli calling him instead, who, incidentally, was getting old and would probably be a normal thing for someone that age to be calling out for someone in the night.

This happened three separate times where God had called Samuel, Samuel ran to Eli, and Eli said that he didn't call him and told Samuel to go back to bed. The third time, Eli realized that it was God calling Samuel and told him to answer God the next time God called him. So Samuel did exactly that and God told him what He needed to tell him.

Sometimes God calls us as well and we either ignore it, don't realize it, or we don't recognize God's voice, as Samuel. So how do we get get to know God's voice? We get to know the voice of God by reading His word and talking to Him. It's only logical that when you're talking to someone, and the more you do, you get to know their voice better and better. So it is with God.

We need to come to know God's voice so that when we hear Him, we don't give second thought because we know that it is Him. There have been many times when I am not sure if I got something from God or not and I have to think about it for a minute. Sometimes I am just totally unsure and I pray about it and ask God to make it clear to me whether it was actually Him or not. If it was, it usually ends up staying in my mind for a bit and if it wasn't, God takes it away.

Get to know God more personally. Get to know His voice by reading His word often. My blog here is really just me sharing my thoughts on what I personally read. I cannot say that I am totally correct in everything that I say here because I am only sharing with you guys what I got from reading a particular passage in the Bible. I encourage you guys to read on your own and see what God tells you.

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!

Heart Page Buttons YouTube Twitter Facebook Pinterest Tumblr Google Plus Bible Reading List Main Website