Wednesday 27 January 2016

Daily Bible Reading with DragoNate #127

Correction

Wise Words 1

Proverbs 15

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 5) "A fool spurn's his father's discipline, but whoever heeds correction shows prudence." (v. 10) "Stern discipline awaits him who leaves the path; he who hates correction will die." (v. 32) "He who ignores discipline despises himself, but whoever heeds correction gains understanding."

My Thoughts

Hey everyone, so first I want to say that I am feeling better than before. If you saw my last post earlier today, then you will know what I am talking about. If you didn't, then you can read it here. I was honestly going to delete that post, but I thought that that might seem really horrible and possibly send the wrong message, you know? I'm not ashamed of it, and I still do feel somewhat the same, but I had a great night, which definitely came from God, so I feel better.

So, on to today's Bible reading, which is extremely late. Proverbs is hard to look at say "This is Proverbs 15 says to me." because each chapter of Proverbs has a bunch of different (mostly) things in it that don't necessarily go directly together, so I thought I'd take a few that were similar from one chapter and do a post on that.

Proverbs 15 has three verses that really stood out to me at this particular time. They all have to do with heeding correction. It is definitely important for us to do so. Remember when I talked about this with Moses' father in law? It was kinda similar at least. That was in Bible reading #115. That was more specifically on advice, but it is still very similar to this.

None of us are perfect and we all make mistakes. Everyone is really good at something and really weak at something, sometimes multiples either way. If someone sees you struggling with something or doing something wrong or inefficiently and they come up to help you, don't take offense to it. Again, obviously, your reaction is going to differ depending on the person's manner, and I talked about this quite a bit in #115.

If someone comes to you and says "Hey, I see you struggling with this. I think you could improve by doing this." then it's probably fine. As I said in the other post, we should always at least listen to what the person has to say before we disregard them. The same goes for when you go up to someone.

Tell the person that this is what you see, this is what you noticed, I would do this, see if that helps. It works better if you have experience with that particular thing so that you can give testimony of your own experiences. That's what I always do.

It is also important for us to seek out correction. None of us are perfect and we can always improve on something. So if you are really wanting to improve on something, seek out someone who has experience with it and ask them for advice, tips and to correct you. You may be considered a 'master' with something, in which case, that's fine, other people may come to you for advice! Just don't ever lie to yourself that you are perfect with it. Think back to how you got to that point. It didn't just magically happen, you had to work at it, even if it came quickly, you still made mistakes and worked to correct them.

It's important for us to admit that we are not perfect and that sometimes we need help or advice or correction.

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!

Heart Page Buttons YouTube Twitter Facebook Pinterest Tumblr Google Plus Bible Reading List Main Website