Monday 25 January 2016

Daily Bible Reading with DragoNate #125

The Bible is God-Breathed

2 Timothy 3

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 16-17) "All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work."

My Thoughts

The Bible is not just a random collection of writings thrown together by random people. It is a collection of writings that God Himself has inspired to be written and tells us exactly what God wants all of us to know. God has made sure that everything that is in the Bible is there for a reason and there is nothing worthless or pointless in it.

It is often hard for me personally to figure out exactly what God wants to say to me through what I read, and I have said that a few times on this blog. Some things in the Bible I do believe are not specific to us, but more general. When I have absolutely no clue what God is saying in a certain part, or if He is at all, then I think it is a general thing, and not something specific to me. At the very least, it may not be important to me at the time, but later on.

When you read your Bible, and when I read mine, we should read it as if God is speaking to us. I wrote this down a while ago in my journal, and I am just reminded of it now. I don't do that often, but it is something I want to do. When I go to read God's Word, I always ask Him to speak to me from His Word and guide me in it as I read.

Reading God's Word is like feeding yourself. If you don't feed yourself, you starve and eventually die. The Bible is food for your spirit. If you don't read it, your spirit is not being fed. If you read it but you don't listen to it, then you are just regurgitating what you've just fed yourself. That's not a healthy thing either.

We all need to put the words from the Bible into practice in our lives, not just read the words and understand the words, but actually follow the words. I know I may not be perfect, by any means, and I admit I don't follow every single thing the Bible says, and obviously some things are harder than others, depending on the person. But I do try. I do keep God at the center of my life, and I try to correct the things I need to correct.

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!

Heart Page Buttons YouTube Twitter Facebook Pinterest Tumblr Google Plus Bible Reading List Main Website