Thursday 21 January 2016

Daily Bible Reading with DragoNate #121

The Lord's Flock

Jeremiah 23

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 1-2) " 'Woe to the shepherds who are destroying and scattering the sheep of my pasture!' declares the LORD. Therefore this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says to the shepherds who tend my people: 'Because you have scattered my flock and driven them away and have not bestowed care on them, I will bestow punishment on you for the evil you have done,' declares the LORD. (v. 4) "I will place shepherds over them who will tend them, and they will no longer be afraid or terrified, nor will any be missing,' declares the LORD."

My Thoughts

The Bible uses the terms shepherd and sheep a lot. We are all God's sheep, and Jesus is the shepherd. There are also people on Earth who are considered shepherds because they are supposed to take care of God's sheep while Jesus is away. We are also called God's children. Whether it is sheep or children, it is heartbreaking for their caregiver to have lost them.

God's heart is broken when one of His children are lost because that means that they are in danger. If you are a parent, maybe you know how it feels when you've lost sight of your child, even for a minute. That's how God feels when one of His children are lost to Him.

It is one thing for a child to wander away on their accord because, in all honesty, it is their own choice to do so. It's still a scary thing either way. It is entirely another for a child to be led away. That's a malicious deed. The person who does that to a child is not a good person. It is the same thing when it comes to leading people astray from God, and it is an awful thing.

People are lured by many different things, one of which can be the actions or choices of others. This is why it is important for us to show others, by how we live, that we have God in our lives. I understand that no one is perfect. I get angry when certain things don't go the way I want, and yes, I do say words that I should not say. I am not proud of it, and it is a process to get away from that. I also usually only do that at home, so no one but my family really sees it, not that that makes it any better.

The point is, we need to show others the love and the grace of God by living a God-honoring life outwardly. Every one has their weaknesses, I gave you mine. Don't let the weaknesses overcome you. You are stronger than them, and unless you let it, they do not have any control over you. When a weakness shows through, don't let it hold you. Pick yourself back up, ask God for forgiveness and restoration and then learn from the mistake for the future.

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!

Heart Page Buttons YouTube Twitter Facebook Pinterest Tumblr Google Plus Bible Reading List Main Website