Sunday 31 January 2016

Daily Bible Reading with DragoNate #131

God's Presence

Exodus 40

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 34) "Then the column of smoke covered the tent of meeting, and the glory of the LORD filled the tent."

My Thoughts

Have you ever felt God's presence? How would you even know; what does God's presence feel like? I can't really answer that, but what I do know is that you will know when you feel Him. It would have been cool to be there when God, appearing physically as a cloud and fire, filled the tent of meeting that the Israelites had finished working on.

I have felt God's presence before in different ways, and I think how you feel and what you feel is different for everyone, and different depending on the situation. I mean, maybe what specifically happens is different, but the feeling may be the same? I don't really know. I know that when I have felt Him, what happened may have been different, but the feeling of God's presence is the same in each. It's weird and hard to explain.

I just think that it's pretty cool the Israelites got to physically see and feel God in the form of a cloud and also fire. Even though we may not experience God the same way, we can still experience Him greatly. Through worship, prayer and even the actions or words of another person.

Sometimes we experience God in things that we do, like singing or athletics. It's hard to really focus on God alone when you're doing those things because you have to focused on what you're doing. You can still keep God at the center and just not forget Him while you're doing whatever it is that you're doing. I also always ask God to keep me focused on Him in what I am doing.

I still pray when I am busy, but not the same way. Just like we can talk to each other without words, we can do the same with God. He made us, so He understands everything about us, better than we even do. Even if you're not thinking about it at the time, but maybe before or after or both, try to see where God is in what you do. 

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!

Heart Page Buttons YouTube Twitter Facebook Pinterest Tumblr Google Plus Bible Reading List Main Website