Sunday 3 July 2016

Bible Reading #193 - True Meaning of the Rainbow

True Meaning of the Rainbow

Genesis 9

Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is Beautiful. - Prince
I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 13-15) "I will put my rainbow in the clouds to be a sign of my promise to the earth. Whenever I form clouds over the earth, a rainbow will appear in the clouds. Then I will remember my promise to you and every living animal. Never again will water become a flood to destroy all life."

My Thoughts

Now we get to talk about one big part, at least for me, of Genesis: the rainbow! This is why it is the picture you see above. So what is a rainbow? "Well," You say, "duh! It's when white light refracts!" Yes, this is true. A rainbow is a mix of colors that appear when white light refracts, and it is very quite beautiful!

Why do rainbows appear in the sky after it rains? There are multiple reasons. The scientific reason is because the light from the sun refracts in the water droplets up in the sky. The biblical reason is because God made it so, as a promise that He would not flood the Earth, and thus destroying life on it, again. The other answer is because it is part of the beauty of this world. Remember, God made everything beautiful.

The rainbow is used as a symbol for different things today. I cannot say it is wrong for it to be so because it isn't. What I can say is that people easily pervert things. People will pervert the Bible or other religious scriptures to make it sound like what they want it to sound like, for example, by taking things out of context. A compliment or a question or an action can be perverted by witnesses of it into something gross, just because people have dirty minds. Some will probably pervert the word 'pervert', which I am now using too much...
double rainbow
A beautiful double rainbow!

The rainbow was meant, by God, as a symbol of His promise to us and all life that He would never flood the Earth again. Simple as that. A rainbow is also used to represent the LGBT/LGBTQ community. Again, I am not saying this is wrong, a simple upside-down star inside a circle is an evil symbol... It's not the symbol or what it is used for, necessarily. The problem I have is that rainbows are now frowned upon by some. It is also used as an insult, sadly, calling someone a 'rainbow' same way as calling someone 'gay' as an insult.

A lot of times now, when you see a rainbow, it usually has something to do with the LGBT/LGBTQ community. Either it actually does, or it is assumed so. If someone wears a rainbow shirt, some people probably automatically think they're 'gay.' It's stupid. When I see a rainbow, I think of:
multicolor
pretty
God's promise
light
Anything to with LGBT/LGBTQ comes after, if at all, and usually only if there is other evidence to suggest it has anything to do with it.

When you see a sickle, what's the first thing you think of? I think of the tool and farming. I don't understand why rainbows now have a negative connotation to some people. I myself do not agree with what some people do or believe or think or even like. I don't agree with it. I can respect anybody, no matter what, as a human being. I have no hate towards those who don't share my beliefs.

Respect does not mean I have to agree with things or be okay with it. People can disagree about something without having hate. Can this please happen more often? This post took a little bit of a turn, but I guess my point is this: a rainbow is a rainbow as a star is a star as an eye is an eye. Anything can be used as a symbol for whatever anyone wants it to be used for, but that doesn't make that thing a representation of it.

Also, we have such a short time on this Earth, hate literally just wastes time. For everyone. How about loving others? Is it really that big of a deal if someone is different from you or doesn't agree with you or does/likes something different than you? People should be able to be friends with anybody and share their beliefs with anybody, without worry. And by sharing, I mean to just share, same as you share what you did on vacation.


Previous PostNext Post


Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

1 comment :

  1. To me a rainbow represents, God's promise to never flood the earth again, it is beauitful and a creation of God!
    Love others as you would want them to love you! Hate is too tiresome that is so true!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!