Sunday 24 July 2016

Bible Reading #199 - God is Our Reward

God is Our Reward

Genesis 15

Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is Beautiful. - Prince
I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 1) "Later the LORD spoke his word to Abram in a vision. He said, 'Abram, don't be afraid. I am your shield, your very great reward.' " (v. 11) "When birds of prey came down upon the carcasses, Abram drove them away."

My Thoughts

God tells Abram here that He is his shield. God is our shield today as well. He is always with us and protecting us from Satan. When we truly trust in God, nothing can every truly harm us because God is on our side.
Trophy
Who needs a trophy when
eternity with God is possible?

Abram was also told that God is his reward, and again, God is our reward as well. When we die, if we have loved God and we have kept close to Him, we will live in eternity with Him. God is our reward for living in Him and accepting His Son Jesus.

The imagery of God as our shield and as our reward go hand in hand. God said both at the same time, and it's not just two separate metaphors. If nothing can ever truly harm us because God is our shield, does that mean can still be harmed? Yes. God does not overstep peoples' choices, including those choices to harm another. There are times when God will protect us in certain circumstances where it is basically a miracle a person didn't die.

People have been attacked by others brutally, but still survived because, miraculously, a bullet or knife just missed something vital. The person may take some time to recover, but they are alive. For those who follow Christ, even if they do die, they receive their reward, which is God.

God does protect us. Sometimes we may not even realize that He did. Have you ever had a feeling that you should just take a different route to work or the store than normal? Maybe that was God. Maybe He put it on your heart because you would've been hurt in some way. That's how I have always looked at it. I also believe that everything happens or a reason, whether I know the reason or not.

With us always, God is. No matter whether we are just injured or lose valuables or even die, God is our reward and nothing can ever take Him away from us. Nothing can ever possibly separate us from God's love.

Quick little side note:
I added in verse 11 because I don't really understand the significance of it. It confuses me why there is a single verse in the Bible dedicated to saying that Abram drove birds away from carcasses. That's all I wanna say about that. I'll ask on Reddit as well, see what others think. Let me know what you think too!




Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!