Sunday 1 May 2016

Bible Reading #175 - Be Strong and Courageous

Be Strong and Courageous

Joshua 1

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 7) " 'Only be strong and very courageous, faithfully doing everything in the teachings that my servant Moses commanded you. Don't turn away from them. Then you will succeed wherever you go." (v. 9) " 'I have commanded you, 'Be strong and courageous! Don't tremble or be terrified because the LORD your God is with you wherever you go. ' ' "

My Thoughts

You know that God is always with you. He did make a promise never to leave us or forsake us, and He always keeps His promises. If God is with us, nothing else can stand against us. Satan still tries, but the only way he can succeed is if we allow him to. One of Satan's tactics is to discourage us any way he can.

Discouragement seems to be a normal thing. I say 'seems to be' because nothing bad is from God, and discouragement is bad. It does happen to a lot of us though. Some on a larger scale. Now I can easily say, "Don't get discouraged!" What good is that? What I will say is to not let yourself stay discouraged.

I have gotten discouraged many times, even recently. With my YouTube channel, I have been discouraged because it has been eight months and sometimes I feel like I've gotten nowhere with it. I also do parkour and I get discouraged if I can't learn a specific movement, or if I suddenly can't do something that I previously could. Sometimes it takes me a while to get out of that feeling.

When these things happen, I ask God to encourage me and to keep doing so. I try to think of the good things, the good that has come from doing YouTube, like making a few friends. Or the movements I can still do. Whatever it is that you do, I'm sure you've felt discouraged before. When you do, ask God for courage to persevere and for strength to withstand negativity.

You can even ask for these things when you have no negative feelings. Just talk to God. Bring your problems to Him, thank Him for the good. Don't ever think that God is not with you or that He doesn't care. God cares greatly, more than you know and as I said, He is always with you.

Because God is with us always, we have no need to be discouraged. I know, and I hope you know, that no matter what happens, God will work everything out for the best. So why should we even get discouraged? It seems silly if you ask me. I also know that there will be times that it just happens, but with God, those negative things won't last.

I pray for courage for those of you reading this, and for those who aren't, to do what God has called you to do and I pray for strength for you to withstand anything that may come your way.



Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!