Saturday 2 April 2016

Bible Reading #166 - Nightmares

Nightmares

Daniel 7

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 15) "I, Daniel, was deeply troubled, and my visions frightened me." (v. 28) "Here is the end of the matter. I, Daniel, was terrified by my thoughts, and I turned pale. I kept this to myself."

My Thoughts

Have you ever had a nightmare? I'm everyone has at some point, even if you don't remember it. Nightmares are not fun because usually they leave you feeling scared, vulnerable and the like. Your heart may beat faster, you may sweat, you may feel like it as real. I know it's obvious and after a few minutes you'll probably realize it, but it was just a dream and it cannot hurt you.

Personally, I love dreaming. I especially love the feeling of lucid dreaming. If you don't know what lucid dreaming is, you should go look it up. Nightmares honestly don't really affect me much anymore, and I don't really know why. I don't jump awake and I don't wake up feeling scared. Last night I had a nightmare actually, and I woke up fine, the only thing was that my heart was beating faster.

Daniel was deeply troubled and terrified by his dream. You can read about his dream in Daniel 7. When you do, you have to admit that it would be pretty terrifying to be seeing those kinds of things, and then to learn what it means. See, even Daniel had nightmares, if only one.

Now Daniel kept everything he saw to himself, aside from writing it, obviously. He didn't talk to anyone about it. We don't really have to either, if we choose not to, though sometimes it can help to talk to someone if you are really troubled by the dreams.

Our dreams may not, at least always, have meaning to them. Sometimes dreams are just dreams. Sometimes there are definite reasons for having nightmares, usually due to stress, which can come in many different forms. You can be scared, anxious, experiencing loss. Maybe you just had a bad midnight snack and your stomach isn't very happy! I think if they persist and you feel like it's nightmares, then there's cause for concern.

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!