Sunday 17 April 2016

Bible Reading #171 - Conduct Yourself

Conduct Yourself

Philippians 1

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 27-28) "Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in one spirit, contending as one man for the faith of the gospel without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you. This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed, but that you will be saved--and that by God."

My Thoughts

Paul reminds us in Philippians 1 to conduct ourselves in a manner worthy of Christ. This is because we want others to see Christ in us, hear Christ when we speak, feel Christ when we are near and even these things at a distance. People should see Jesus in us. It would be an amazing thing for someone to mistake you for Jesus!

There was a story, I don't know where from anymore, that an old man went for a walk to the park. A little boy also went to that same park and had lunch there. The little boy saw this old man and went to sit with him. he shared some of his lunch with him. They ate together, but didn't speak. When the old man got back home, he told his family that he had lunch with God. The little boy told his family the same thing. I love that story! (That wasn't all the details, by the way, only the gist of it.

Now something like this may not happen all the time, but it can. And even if people don't see hear or feel Jesus in us, they can at least observe in these ways how Jesus has changed us. This goes for all of us, whether you just became a new follower of Christ, in which I welcome you to the family of God and I pray that you would be blessed in what you do and grow ever closer to Jesus! Or whether you have been a follower of Jesus for years.

If people do not see any change in us because of Jesus, what will they think? Certainly not that Jesus actually means anything to us. I know we all have our flaws and our own struggles. Maybe it's the words you use. I believe that as long as you care about it and make some kind of effort to change it, that's what matters. God knows your heart, so He knows whether you just don't care or whether you are struggling with it.

Along with these things, we should not fear sharing Jesus. We should not be afraid to tell others that we believe in Jesus, nor should we be afraid to talk about Jesus. The world seems to be growing closer to intolerance, so we do have to be careful. That does not mean we have to be secretive about it.

When my friends start talking about things that I either don't believe are true or are against what I believe, I don't get offended and lash out at them. I just state what I believe. I've even had conversations and discussions about these things. Unfortunately, they don't always end well.

Just make sure that you live what you believe. Don't present yourself as perfect either, because that is fake. If people ask questions, answer honestly. People would respect honesty more than putting on a show.

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!