Sunday 3 April 2016

Bible Reading #167 - First Response to Trouble

First Response to Trouble

Psalm 59

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 16) "But I will sing about your strength. In the morning I will joyfully sing about your mercy. You have been my stronghold and a place of safety in times of trouble."

My Thoughts

David went through a time, as you probably know, where he was being watched, pursued and attacked by Saul. He also had many enemies in the nations outside of his own. Have you ever been through a time of trouble? What kind of trouble was it? What did you do in that?

It's hard to step back immediately when something bad is happening and pray about it. I don't always do that. Not right away at least. Sometimes it takes me a minute to stop and pray. I don't like that. I want prayer to be my first response, and it definitely should.

While David was going through what he was, he stayed close to God. I'm sure you do too, and I try to as well. Just because we don't do exactly what David did, doesn't mean that we don't stay close to God. David continued to praise God, even thought bad things were happening. Now that's something I can't say I remember to do in those times.

Why is it that it I either forget or it takes me a bit to remember to praise God in bad time? Maybe it depends on how quick or bad it is, or maybe the mood or manner of the situation. I don't know. I just know that I don't remember to pray to and praise God when I should, which should be immediately.

That's going to be prayer right now.
Father God, I ask that you would help me to remember you immediately when anything bad happens. No matter how quick it happens, or how I feel or what it is. I want my first response to be to pray about it, and to praise you. Amen.

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

1 comment :

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!