Sunday 27 March 2016

Bible Reading #165 - Missing Out

Missing Out

Deuteronomy 32

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 50-52) "On this mountain where you are going, you will die and join your ancestors in death, as your brother Aaron died on Mount Hor. This is because both of you were unfaithful to me at the oasis of Meribah at Kadesh in the Desert of Zin. You didn't show the Israelites how holy I am. You may see the land from a distance, but you may not enter the land I am giving the Israelites.' "

My Thoughts

It is never any fun to miss out on things, is it? I guess unless it is bad things... But usually when you talk about missing out on things, it's missing something you want. Anyway, back to the point! It's not any fun. If it's a once-in-a-lifetime chance, well, you'll never get the chance again, assuming that's literal.

Maybe you want to go to a party with your friends or ask that person you like out on a date or take advantage of a sweet deal for something you've been wanting. You don't want to get grounded so you can't go. Don't wait until another person asks the one you like out. Go take advantage of that deal before it ends or is sold out.

We all miss out on things sometimes and it's not always a huge deal for us. For Moses, I'm pretty sure it was. He died before entering God's promised land and in fact, he wasn't even allowed to enter. That was a deal. Moses was the one who talked to God, pretty well face-to-face in the burning bush. Moses actually got to see God! Not God's face though. But because Moses was unfaithful at this one point, God did not allow him to enter the land.

That would be awful, don't you think? You spend your entire life, and that is not an exaggeration, leading a nation to their homeland, only to not be allowed to enter it because of a bad choice you made. How awful would that be? It's one thing to miss out on something because of unforeseen or even uncontrollable circumstances, but when it's because of a bad choice we make, it's horrible.

Thinking about it more, it isn't always bad to miss out. For example, I said above it could be a bad thing you miss. It could also be that you miss out on a movie you wanted to see because you spent some time with a loved one. Maybe it's because God has something better in mind for you.

There's no way we're ever going to be able to not miss out on some things we want. We can't have everything. I definitely do not want to miss out on the good things that God has in store for me though. If I have to miss a movie or a date or an opportunity because God has something better for me, then I will be happy about it. I will also need to remember myself saying this here. It's very easy to say something like this, but it doesn't matter if I don't actually do it.

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!