Sunday 13 March 2016

Bible Reading #161 - Everyone Has a Portion

Everyone Has a Portion

Ezekiel 48

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 29) "'This is the land you are to allot as an inheritance to the tribes of Israel, and these will be their portions,' declares the Sovereign LORD."



My Thoughts

So I think I may have mentioned this before, but the one Bible I have, which is the one I usually read from at home, is a teen study Bible that my mom got for me when I was 13 I think. It's quite a big thing, which makes it hard to take anywhere with me, so I have another Bible or that! Anyway, this one has little snippets in it to help you better understand certain things or to tell teens how what they read can relate to their lives.

I actually really like that my Bible does this because sometimes it's there when I need it! It's not there every time I find it hard to understand though. This time, the snippet for Ezekiel 48 mentioned that everyone has a portion in God's kingdom and to see verse 31. Go look at Ezekiel 48:31 for yourself, then come back and tell me what you think of that in the comments below.

Done? I know, right? Doesn't make much sense to me either when verse 29 exactly mentions portions. Those silly people who put those snippets there... You're gonna confuse the teens, guys!

So, if you didn't read anything else, Ezekiel 48 is about allotting portions of land to the tribes of Israel. Verse 29 may specifically talk about the tribes of Israel, but I still believe that it equates to us in God's kingdom. And it does. Every single person who knows Jesus and has entered into a personal relationship with Him, whether for five seconds or forty-five years, has a portion in God's kingdom.

There is still so much more room for even more people No one is left out when it comes to God.

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!