Sunday 20 March 2016

Bible Reading #163 - More Than Just Looks

More Than Just Looks

Song of Songs 1

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 15-16) "[Groom] Look at you! You are beautiful, my true love! Look at you! You are so beautiful! Your eyes are like doves! [Bride] Look at you! You are handsome, my beloved, so pleasing to me! The leaf-scattered ground will be our couch."

My Thoughts

When you are in love with someone, your feelings will be strong for them. 'Your eyes are like doves!' There will be much care and respect, gentleness and understanding. You will be attracted to them for more than just looks. Their appearance may still attract you, but it's more their attitude and their heart and personality that you will be in love with.

Song of Songs 1 may seem to be mostly about looks, but it's deeper than that. It's not just how the person you're in love with looks, but how you see them. How do they look to you? Everyone is attracted to different physical features and appearances, and just because you like how someone looks, does not mean that you are in love with that person.

Society seems to be so focused on looks today rather than what's inside. We should instead be focused on what is inside, like a person's heart and attitude and personality, rather than how they look. Sometimes, even without realizing it, we actually treat people differently depending on how they look. Maybe it's not drastic or necessarily negative, but it is different.

Yeah, we treat people differently for other reasons as well. You don't treat your boss the same way you treat your parents or your grandparents the same way you treat your friends. That's nothing to do with looks though. In my opinion, that's logical.

I'm sure we've all treated someone people differently at one point or another, and for stupid reasons. I for one want to be rid of that. I don't want my attitude towards someone to be any different than my attitude towards anyone else because of stupid reasons. Nothing because of looks or any other judging-a-book-by-its-cover type stuff.

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!