Sunday 28 August 2016

Bible Reading #207 - God in Your Love Life

God in Your Love Life

Genesis 24

Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is Beautiful. - Prince
I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 14) "May it be that when I say to girl, 'Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,' and she says, 'Drink, and I'll water your camels too'--let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master.' "

My Thoughts

Kind of a strange way to choose a woman, isn't it? By asking God for her to say something specific. Too, it wasn't even the man who she was going to be with that was asking this. It is important to involve God in your love life though. By keeping God at the center of your relationship, it will be that much stronger.

Even if you are just dating, you want to have a good and strong relationship. Dating isn't meant to be just testing the waters and seeing what relationships are like. It's meant to seeing what a relationship with a specific person is like. Someone you can possibly see yourself spending the rest of your life with. If you go solely based on a person's looks or any single quality, it more than likely will not work out.

What's happening here in Genesis 24 is a bit different from what we do now. It's similar to an arranged marriage because neither person truly knows what the other is like. Heck, they don't even know what they look like! I don't think that is how is a relationship should go really.

Marriage is binding. More so than any paper ever could be. Especially if there are children between the two. The bond of marriage is on paper. It is in your emotions. In your finances and every legal or important document that has your name. A marriage bond is also literally in the blood and DNA if the two have a child. This is why divorce sucks because so many things are changed once and then afterward, it has to all change again. The children usually get it the worst.

I can't remember where I head this or who said it or what, but I am reminded of it:
Don't choose the person you can live with. Choose the person you can't live without.




Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

1 comment :

  1. Love this and the statement at the end is so true!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!