Saturday 20 August 2016

Meaning of "Pillar"

Meaning of "Pillar"

Not always this kind of pillar.
Recently, as I have been reading from and posting about Genesis, the word "pillar" has come up a few times. I don't like to do a whole lot of research because what I post is supposed to be my own thoughts and possibly give you a different perspective or point of view or opinion on things. I encourage you to give me yours as well!

I often post different questions on Reddit in /r/Bible and I enjoy doing so! Someone mentioned about what a pillar actually means and they quoted from http://www.gotquestions.org/pillar-of-salt.html saying that a "pillar" refers to something that is set to watch over something else. Now when I think back to a couple previous posts, like #202 Fleeing Home and... actually that's it. There will be at least one more (possibly more) in the future that I will link to here once it is (they are) posted! #211 Setting Up a Pillar.

Now some of these passages talking about setting up stones as pillars and Lot's wife becoming a pillar of salt have a different, more interesting and possibly true meaning!

Yes, I know, I probably would've found it sooner, had I looked it up, but sometimes I just like to involve others in that kind of thing!

1 comment :

  1. It's awesome you involve others in your readings by asking questions

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!