Saturday 13 August 2016

Bible Reading #204 - Sent Away

Sent Away

Genesis 21

Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is Beautiful. - Prince
I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 10-11) "She said to Abraham, 'Get rid of this slave and her son, because this slave's son must never share the inheritance with my son Isaac.' Abraham was upset by this because of his son Ishmael." (v. 13) "Besides, I will the slave's son into a nation also, because he is your child.' "

My Thoughts

Four posts ago, the title was My Choices, Your Fault from Genesis 16 and I talked about how Sarah (Sarai at the time) wanted Abraham (Abram at the time) to have a child with Hagar. Now she wants the boy, Ishmael, and Hagar to be sent away because she has now given birth to her own son, promised by God. Sarah seems to be just totally selfish!

So Sarah has now received the promise from God that she is going to have a child. In fact, we are at the point just after Sarah has given birth to Isaac. Now that this has happened, Sarah decides that she doesn't want the child, who she kinda commanded Abram to conceive, around anymore to share in her own son's inheritance. Obviously Sarah never did let go of her hate toward Hagar.

I hurt Abraham to send away his son Ishmael and Hagar, and I'm sure it hurt Hagar as well. A second time. Not to mention Ishmael, considering he was a young teenager at the time. Can you imagine how much it would hurt him for his father to send him away? I believe Abraham told him why and told him he loved him and that God would bless him and make him into a nation.

If anything similar has happened to you where you were sent away or abandoned by your parents or family or loved ones, especially at a young age, know that it isn't right what happened to you. I believe I can say that it isn't your fault either. The only way it could possibly be your fault is in a similar situation to Criminal Minds Season 6 Episode 5 Safe Haven. More than likely, that is not the case, so it is not your fault.

Even though Sarah was selfish in this, and it hurt Abraham to send Ishmael away, he did so. God told him to do so because He would make Ishmael into a nation as well as Isaac, because he was Abraham's son. God fulfilled that promise. Maybe not immediately, but He did. 

God has a plan for you as well, no matter whether you are in a broken family, had a bad life or upbringing, or maybe your life isn't doing great right now. God has a plan for you. I know I say this often in my posts, but that's because it is absolutely true! Don't ever forget it! Just accept Jesus into your heart, forgive yourself and those who hurt you and change your life around. God can do that for you if you let Him.




Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!