Saturday 25 June 2016

Bible Reading #190 - Animal Names

Animal Names

Genesis 2

Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is Beautiful. - Prince
I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 19-20) "The LORD God had formed all the wild animals and all the birds out of the ground. Then he brought them to the man to see what he would call them. Whatever the man called each creature became its name. So the man named all the domestic animals, all the birds, and all the wild animals."

My Thoughts

Some people think that God named all the animals. The Bible says that God actually brought the animals to the man to name them. That's pretty cool that God would leave something like that up to man, rather than Himself! Now, out of curiosity, the Bible doesn't say God brought the animals to 'Adam' but to 'the man'. So is it specifying THE man, which would mean Adam? Or does it mean man as in human race? Let me know what you think.


spiny lumpsucker - strange animal names
The name of this guy is
'Spiny Lumpsucker'
The answer to that question would tells us (possibly) why some animals have such weird names. And some really do... Se, I wonder if Adam named every animal that exists, and what the names would be, or if, like I said, God gave that job to man as a whole. Scientists should not give such rude names though. It'd be cool to know what Adam would've named them. Maybe that can be one of my questions for when I meet God.

We keep 'discovering' new animals and species all the time, which is really cool, but I think really, those animals and species have just been lost to us for many years. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe, animals are still being brought to man to be named. That's kind of a cool thought, no?

You know, the Bible doesn't mention fish or insects much. I imagine these animals would still be included though. I don't really like insects, personally. There's too many of them, they creep me out. Just... no. No thanks. I'd rather not.

Okay, so what does this have to do with us now? What can we get out of this? I don't know for sure, I think that is a relative thing. What I thought of is what I highlighted dark above. Not necessarily that that is truth, but the kind of thinking it is, if that makes sense. It's a different way of looking at things, suggesting that some things mentioned in the Bible may seem like they're over and done with, but maybe they're not.

God is still very much around today as He was then. The Bible may be done talking, but not everything in it has happened yet.





Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

2 comments :

  1. I think He meant Adam.
    Love the new pic with the book of the Bible on it and the quote on it!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!