Tuesday 2 February 2016

Daily Bible Reading with DragoNate #133

Peace be in this House

Luke 10

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 5-6) "Whenever you go into a house, greet the family with the words, 'May there be peace in this house.' If a peaceful person lives there, your greeting will accepted. But if that's not the case, your greeting will be rejected." (v. 16) " 'The person who hears you hears me, and the person who rejects you rejects me. The person who rejects me rejects the one who sent me.' "

My Thoughts

When I read this chapter of Luke, verses 5 and 6 stuck in my head. I want to focus on just those two verses, without taking them out of the context in which they were written. So Jesus had sent out seventy-two people to the places which He was about to go to. He told them to say these words when they go into a house, and then to stay there.

That was a way that Jesus had told these people to greet the families which they were going to staying at. What came to my mind is that, why can't we do the same thing whenever we enter a place? Even if we just say it to ourselves, "May there be peace in this place." By saying that, we are declaring peace in the place we are in, which is a good thing.

Even if saying this only ends up giving us peace inside, and others are unaffected, that is still a great thing. Through each person's own actions, they affect the world around them, or rather the people, and can leave a positive impact.

This reminds me of something another pastor, who is a friend of mine, said at my church one time. He was saying that whenever we enter a room, we should invite Jesus into that room with us. He was talking to the children at the time, and it was a way for them to remember Jesus and to keep Him at the forefront. Whenever you ask Jesus to be with you, you can rest assured that He most definitely is.

Saying "May there be peace in this place." is a declaration, or a strong prayer, in God. It is also a blessing in that place which is, obviously, better than a curse. Asking Jesus to be with you wherever you are is not redundant. Yes, He already is with you, but when you ask Him to be, it helps you to focus on Him and remember know that He is there.

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!