Wednesday 17 February 2016

Daily Bible Reading with DragoNate #148

Hate Evil

Psalm 97

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 10) "Let those who love the LORD hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked."

My Thoughts

If you love God, you will hate evil. Not all people who don't believe in or follow God are evil or wicked. Sometimes it may seem like that's what is being said, but is not. The wicked are against God and against love and good. God is good and God is love, so if you are against either of those or you are against God, that what qualifies as wicked.

Unfortunately though, no matter how good a person you are, if you deny that God exists or decide not to follow Him. In other words, if you are unfaithful to God, how can you expect God to be faithful to you? If you don't believe in Him and don't accept Him, He will not accept you into heaven.

Now when the Bible says to hate evil, it does not mean to hate evil people or to hate any person at all. 'Hate the sin, not the sinner.' That's what this is about. We are called to love people, including our enemies, and to hate evil. You love a person, but you do not have to love what they do or have done.

I have many different friends that are of different faiths and beliefs and that like different things and that have done certain things. I love all of my friends the same. I don't agree with certain things some have done, and I don't agree with certain things some do or think. That doesn't mean I hate them for it, it just means that I don't like or agree with certain things.

The bad things that people do, I hate. The bad things I have done, I hate. When someone does something bad, especially if it is really bad, you do get a different perspective of them, whether you haven't known them long or you've known them forever. Don't lose love for them as a person. You don't have to love them enough to invite them into your home, but love them as a person.

Hate the evil that someone does, but do not hate the person. People can change. The evil things someone has done can be stopped and they can turn around from it. That's what matters and that is why we can't hate the person, because they can become good.

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!