Sunday 21 February 2016

Daily Bible Reading with DragoNate #152

A Downcast Soul

Psalm 42

I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 2) "My soul thirsts for God, the living God. When may I come to see God's face?" (v.11) "Why are you discouraged, my soul? Why are you so restless? Put your hope in God, because I will still praise him. He is my savior and my God."

My Thoughts

What do you do when you are downcast or discouraged? Look up to God of course. God is our Rock and we can stand firm in Him. Let God encourage you again. Whenever you are feeling discouraged, just talk to God. Give it to Him and ask for courage.

There have been many times I feel discouraged about things. I always talk to God. He helps me to feel better. Not always to I feel better about the specific situation, but I definitely feel better in general. Just ask God to pour over you His grace and His peace. You may be surprised how much better you feel after.

Of course, you can always talk to a good friend, mentor or family member, whether or not you've talked to God already. Talk to God before if you want and you'll feel a bit better for when you talk to whoever else. If you talk to them first, they'll probably pray with you anyway.

This feeling doesn't last forever, unless you let it. It does get better. Feelings of discouragement or anything else for that matter--depression, anxiety, anger, hatred, or any other negative feelings. They don't last forever. The sooner you deal with them, the better it will be and the less time they will last.

Whenever you have strong feelings, you should share it with someone. Positive or negative feelings, you should share it. Especially negative, so that it can be dealt with. Don't forget to talk to God though. Share your positive and negative feelings with God as well!

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!