Friday 23 October 2015

Dragomon Hunter First Impression

Dragomon Hunter is an MMORPG. If you don't know what that means, it means 'massively multiplayer online role playing game'. The game had just come out in closed beta, and I forgot to check my emails until two days after I received the key for closed beta access. I was excited of course! Then, an hour later, I had an email stating that anyone can join closed beta... no need for a key anymore. I was like "Really." (-_-) Either way, it's kind of funny actually.
So, as for actually playing Dragomon Hunter, I enjoy it. I don't really like MMO games that much, they just aren't my preference. Because Dragomon Hunter was suggested to me though, I thought I'd give it a try. When you start, you go through the basic character creation, choosing from 4 different classes:

Mercenary (your basic warrior.)
Mage (your basic mage. duh.)
Cleric (healer, I'm guessing.)
Scout (assassin/rogue character. My favorite!)

When you first start off playing Dragomon Hunter, there is a lot of talking, taking you into the story of the game, and you start off with a tutorial that is part of the game's story. So, of course, you go through the basics of what you're supposed to do and then you end up in the main city area, or at least that's what I gather. From there, of course you have the basic shops for weapons, potions and armor.
The controls for a lot of games is why I find them overwhelming. Most of the time, the controls are very complex and I feel like I'm using one hand to control 15 buttons! So far, Dragomon Hunter does not seem to be like this. You use the mouse, obviously, then WASD, R to roll, and the number keys for attacks. There's other hotkeys too, like I for inventory. The mouse is used for camera and selecting, and can be used for movement as well. If you're skilled, you can use the mouse for movement and rotating the camera, at the same time!
I am pretty sure that there is a crafting mechanic in Dragomon Hunter as well, which should make things interesting. I haven't got that far yet. There are also a huge ton of quests. Pretty much everything is a quest actually. If you get a task, which is almost always, there is a reward for completing it.
The amount of dialogue in the game I am trying to decide if it is too much. I like it, because it isn't just boring dialogue. It is in the form of an actual story like ' "Take up arms!" She said commandingly. This makes the dialogue much more interesting and it feels like you are listening to or reading a story, but with very vivid visual representation.
So far, Dragomon Hunter is interesting to me, though maybe a bit complex for my liking. I will still continue to play it and see how everything goes. If you would like to watch my first look video of Dragomon Hunter, you can do so below. If you liked it and want to see more videos of mine, click on my name to head over to my YouTube channel, and don't forget to subscribe while you're there!







No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!

Heart Page Buttons YouTube Twitter Facebook Pinterest Tumblr Google Plus Bible Reading List Main Website