Saturday 12 November 2016

Bible Reading #221 - Success in Everything

Success in Everything

Genesis 39

Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is Beautiful. - Prince
I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 1-2) "Joseph had been taken to Egypt. Potiphar, one of Pharaoh's Egyptian officials and captain of the guard, bought him from the Ishmaelites who had taken him there. The LORD was with Joseph, so he became a successful man. He worked in the house of his Egyptian master." (v. 4) "Potiphar liked Joseph so much that he made him his trusted servant. He put him in charge of his household and everything he owned."

My Thoughts

In the previous chapter, we read that Joseph was sold by his brothers to a passing Ishmaelite caravan. How do you think Joseph felt? Scared, alone, betrayed, angry, depressed. That's probably just the beginning. What about Joseph's relation with God? What do you think became of that? What would you do? It would be difficult for some to still trust in God as they might feel that "If God loved me, He wouldn't let this happen to me."

Joseph still kept God first in his life. He still trusted in God and in the dreams that he had. What's more is that, because Joseph continued to trust in God and did not let his situation tear him away from God, Joseph had success in everything he did. The Egyptian who bought him from the Ishmaelites liked Joseph so much and was so happy with his work that he made Joseph second to himself in his own home!

The work that Joseph did, he did with the joy of the Lord, the grace of God, with love for God. Everything he did, he did because of God. We may go through though situations many times in our lives. God never says it will be easy, in fact He tells us that it won't. All we have to do is continue to trust in Him and His plan for us. That can be very hard. I don't have experience with extreme situations, only minor things compared to being sold by your siblings into slavery.

Keep God at the center of everything you do. Make God the reason for what you do because without Him, we have nothing. He is the air we breathe. Like the song. I ask God the be at the center of my work, at the center of my play and to let His Spirit shine through me in all that I do. I'm not perfect. I just want God to be first in my life.




Genesis 38

Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

1 comment :

  1. Love this! Yes, let God be at the centre of all you do and think!! He is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!