Sunday 13 November 2016

Bible Reading #222 - Dreameanings

Dreameanings

Genesis 40

Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is Beautiful. - Prince
I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 8) " 'We both had dreams,' they answered him, 'but there is no one to tell us what they mean.' 'Isn't God the only one who can tell what they mean?' Joseph asked them. 'Why don't you tell me about them?' (v. 16) "The chief baker saw that the meaning Joseph had given to the cupbearer's dream was good. So he said to Joseph, 'I had a dream too. In my dream three baskets of white baked goods were on my head.' " (v. 23) "Nevertheless, the chief cupbearer didn't remember Joseph. He forgot all about him."

My Thoughts

No, the title is not a mistake or a typo, it is typed exactly how I means it to be typeded. That too. Any, Joseph, prison, dreams and meanings. Yes. So with Joseph in prison, there were two of Pharaoh's officials, the chief baker and the chief cupbearer. Both had dreams, but no one to interpret them. I like Joseph's response to this being "Isn't God the only one who can tell what they mean?"

Now my main question today is this. Do dreams have meanings? Or more specifically. Do our dreams have meanings? We all dream. Actually, that's wrong... Some people do not dream because they can not dream. Charcot-Wilbrand syndrome. Yes, it is a thing. Either way. The question... I do not believe that dreams have definitive meanings. I don't believe that a door means 'X' universally, whatever the context it is in. I do believe that dreams can have meanings and that God sometimes may speak to us through them.

Do you think it wise to try and interpret every dream? I think not. I think that would be like looking for pictures in TV static. Might be fun or interesting, but ultimately a waste of time. As Joseph said, only God can interpret dreams. We cannot. God can give us the answer.

Personally, I love dreams and dreaming and everything to do with it. It's very cool! Lucid dreaming is also super cool! The past year or so, I've had many dreams that could be labeled as nightmares. The thing is, I wake up and I'm totally fine. They do not bother me anymore. I always say that I just want to dream. I don't care if it's a 'good' dream or a 'bad' dream, I just want to dream. Regardless of any meaning they may have.

Just remember that dreams are dreams. They likely mean nothing, but trying to find some kind of meaning or dwelling on them too much is not wise. Remember them if you wish. Rethink them if you please. Just remember that they are not reality. And also, don't forget those who help you. Even if you cannot repay them, don't forget them. You can always say a prayer or a kind word, but don't forget.




Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!