Tuesday 15 December 2015

Song of Horror (Demo) First Impression

Song of Horror is a horror game, obviously. You play as a man named Daniel who goes a Mr. Husher's house in search of him. The door is slightly ajar and so you walk in. You are armed with a flashlight. The house is dark, and some lights do not work. You listen to doors carefully before entering, lest the darkness pull you into eternal, well, darkness.

The demo itself is actually very well done, for it being just that, a demo. It is quite extensive, for being only one single chapter. I never made it to the end because I couldn't find the second locked door. Either way, it is a basic representation of the mechanics of the game and what the developers can do and are planning to do.

I love the listen mechanic. It adds new depth to the gameplay, more realism and even a new fear. You listen to the doors before entering, and if you hear noise, it is probably a good idea not to enter. There is also an event that occurs where the darkness starts to come. When this happens, you need to hide or run very far. A word of advice: unless they change something in the final game, it is better to hide than run. Running takes time and some doors end up being locked when this event occurs. As you will see in my play of it, I could not figure out how to hide, or where for that matter.

There are, of course, a few cheap jumpscares, which aren't all bad. At least they aren't anything stupid, but they actually play well into what already happens in the game. The layout of the game is the same and where items are found, but the events that take place I believe are randomized. Things change each time you play, like when the darkness comes, or if it even does.

I am pretty excited for the final release of Song of Horror and can't wait to see what else is added to the game. If you play the demo, remember that it is just a demo. inventory pictures and documents seem to be missing currently. I encourage the developers to continue working on Song of Horror and to make it even better than the demo, which was already pretty enjoyable! If you would like to see my video of Song of Horror, it will be down below. If you like it, why don't you head over to my channel and subscribe for more? Just click my name above the video!


2 comments :

  1. I watched your video and found it pretty enjoyable, I look forward to seeing more in the future!!! I have watched a lot of your other videos too. Keep up the great work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I am glad you are enjoying watching my videos!

      Delete

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!

Heart Page Buttons YouTube Twitter Facebook Pinterest Tumblr Google Plus Bible Reading List Main Website