Monday 14 December 2015

Metavere Construction Kit First Impression

Metaverse Construction Kit is a sandbox type game where you can construct many different things. This review is a little late, and I apologize for that. It was made to go along with the Metaverse game and can connect with it. Basically, you just build things in this game and have fun doing so! I certainly had a ton of fun, which you can witness at the bottom of this page, if you would like.

Currently, there is only a small amount of things for you to use to create within Metaverse Construction Kit. There are a couple of categories that actually do not have anything in it right now. That is totally fine, as I am sure that they will continue to update it and add more and more things to it. So far, with what is there, you can already create a plethora of things, from buildings to cities, parks and landmarks. Be creative! That's what this game is all about!

Complaints


I do have a couple small complaints with the game, but nothing that will keep me from playing it. The first is that the controls are a bit confusing. Maybe it's just something that you need to get used to, I don't know. I just found that while playing it, I had a hard time because I try to move forward and I end up moving up or down too far, then it gets worse when I try and correct it. Like I said, maybe it's my fault and I am just not used to controls like this.

The second is that it is very hard to build something aligned to the grid. I feel that there needs to be a snap-to-grid feature that you can toggle, and also something, again that you can toggle, to keep objects from going inside each other. This way, someone like me who has OCD when building things (especially where a grid is involved...) doesn't go crazy when things don't align properly.

Suggestions


There are a couple features that I think should be implemented as well, in addition to the toggle features mentioned above. The first of which is a copy/paste feature, or a drag-to-build feature so that it is easier to build larger things, especially if they are to be symmetrical. It took me a long time to build the house that I built in the video down below because of this, and there were a couple things not aligned or symmetrical. Again, I had a lot of fun building the house, but this feature would just make it easier I think.

The second thing I would like to see added is a highlight feature. This way, you can highlight a number of pieces that you would like to copy or delete or move, and then you can do exactly that. This way, if you make a mistake, you don't have to delete almost everything to fix it, or try to overlap objects to patch it up.

Conclusion


Over all, Metaverse Construction Kit is pretty fun and has a huge amount of potential! If you love building things, then this game is probably for you! I cannot wait to see what else the developers add to this game to make it more in depth, and I want to encourage the developers to continue working on it. You guys have done a bang up job so far, and I am excited for what else you add. As I have mentioned above, you can watch my video below of me creating the Beautifullest House in the World. This is my most hilarious video and I think the one I had the most laughs making! If you enjoy it, why not head to my channel to see more of my videos? Don't forget to subscribe while you're there! Just click on my name above the video!
Thanks for reading!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!

Heart Page Buttons YouTube Twitter Facebook Pinterest Tumblr Google Plus Bible Reading List Main Website