Saturday 15 October 2016

Bible Reading #214 - Fleeing from (NOT) Home

Fleeing from (NOT) Home

Genesis 31

Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is Beautiful. - Prince
I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 3) "Then the LORD said to Jacob, 'Go back to the land of your ancestors and to your relatives, and I will be with you.' " (v. 20) "Jacob also tricked Laban the Aramean by not telling him he was leaving." (v. 31) "Jacob answered Laban, 'I left because I was afraid. I thought you would take your daughters away from me by force."

My Thoughts

I couldn't really think of a better title for this post. I originally was going to title it Fleeing from Home but the post for Genesis 19 was titled the same, so I couldn't really do that. Either way, it still makes sense, at least to me, because where Jacob fled from was not really his home. Yeah, he was there for 20 years, but it was not his real home. Only temporary.

Jacob fled from Laban because, well, God told him to, but he also noticed that Laban was not treating him the same way anymore. He changed Jacob's wages 10 times and other things and Jacob didn't tell Laban that he was leaving either, taking with him Laban's daughters and grandchildren and the flocks that actually belonged to Jacob, but came from Laban.

Laban wasn't happy with Jacob, for obvious reasons, and chased after Jacob. When he caught up to him, he was mad that Jacob had left and taken everything with him. Would Laban have actually let Jacob leave, without issues? I don't know. Either way, God told Jacob he needed to go back to his relatives.

Leaving your home, moving away, running away or any other type of long-term leaving-where-you-are-now sucks. Usually. Most often, it is for the best, but that does not make it any easier to do. Sometimes you just have to leave though. If it's not good or healthy or safe for you where you are, you may need to leave. If you allow Him to be, God is with you.

What comes to my mind is young kids threatening to run away. It's actually kind of cute because of the reasons. They are told they can't play their game, so they want to run away. It's so funny and cute watching them pack up some stuff, start leaving and then come back for reasons that are NOT, you know, lame or embarrassing or something to that effect. They decide not to leave because of something that makes them sound good or better or whatever. It's so funny!

I think I said this in the other Fleeing Home post, but for anyone who as had to leave their home, or even temporary home, for whatever reason, I pray that God would give you protection, prosperity and peace and that your life would be great wherever you end up.




Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!