Sunday 23 October 2016

Bible Reading #216 - Brotherly Love

Brotherly Love

Genesis 33

Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is Beautiful. - Prince
I pray blessings on you as you read.

(v. 3-4) "He went on ahead of them and bowed seven times with his face touching the ground as he came near his brother. Then Esau ran to meet Jacob. Esau hugged him, threw his arms around him, and kissed him. They both cried."

My Thoughts

20 years prior, Esau wanted to kill Jacob and Jacob fled because of this. Now Jacob was about to meet his brother again. He sent gifts of livestock and stuff, hoping to appease Esau's anger at him. He was afraid. He bowed 7 times, touching the ground! But when Esau saw Jacob, something happened Jacob never expected.

Esau ran to meet his brother, embraced him and kissed him and cried. It was a complete reunion between them. Jacob now met his brother again and knew that Esau had forgiven him and loved him. Esau didn't even want all that Jacob was trying to give to him because all that mattered to him was his brother.

For the longest time Jacob was afraid and he was worried that he had not been forgiven. Have you ever been in the same position? I sure have. It's not a good feeling. We all make mistakes and we all hurt those we love. It doesn't have to end like that though. You can forgive.

Forgive yourself, forgive others and ask God to forgive you. Even if people don't forgive you, God sure does. Trust in that. Trust that God has forgiven you. Maybe the person has too. If not, that is on them. What I always say is that I can forgive anyone for anything. Yeah, maybe it takes me a while to get to that point, but I do get there. I don't hold a grudge or try to get even. None of that means I have to be friends with someone. It doesn't even mean I ever have to talk to them again if I don't want to. It only means that in my heart, I do not hate them and I choose not to dwell on what they did.

Esau forgave Jacob for tricking him out of his blessing. Jacob did choose to trust God's promise that he would grow into a mighty nation. And the 2 brothers were reunited again.




Prayer Time

Now you talk to God about what you read, and you can even read this chapter of the Bible for yourself before you do.

Let me know your thoughts on this reading as well.

Thank you for taking the time to read, I pray that what you have read blesses and inspires you! Godbless!

1 comment :

  1. Unforgivness only holds you in bondage. Forgiveness frees you from that. Forgive, ask for forgiveness for anything you may have done; from God and the person you are forgiving. You don't have to do this in person, in a Prayer to God works too. Just truly forgive and give the person over to God!

    ReplyDelete

Please be respectful and do not comment anything that is hateful, hurtful or illegal. Thank you!